Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ranting

I'm ranting because at times I feel like I'm the only one (between hubby and myself) who cares about what's going with Lucas. I know my husband means well and generally he does try but I feel that often times he either doesn't care, doesn't think anything is seriously wrong, doesn't understand, or doesn't really try. I know we are different and he doesn't think the way I do but I know he has common sense.


Case in point: I don't know how many times I've told him that Lucas is on the wheat, egg, and corn free diet but he continues to give Lucas foods that contain one or more of those allergens. Here I try so hard to not give him those foods even though deep down I really wish I could. He gave him some Ritz crackers yesterday for a snack. When I told him that Lucas can't have those, his reply was Why?? "Really?!?!?!?!  You are seriously asking me why he can't have crackers????" UGH!!! Why do I bother? It's so frustrating.


Last night, Lucas had an awful episode. It was a 3-towel clean up. He poor buddy tried to get into the bathroom but just couldn't all the way. He never cried or got upset but hubby didn't even notice. Nor did he attempt to help clean it up (he usually does). I got Lucas, the carpet, and the bathroom floor cleaned up as best I could. 


I'm not trying to bash or hate on my husband, these are just my feelings. I know he's a wonderful and loving father. I know majority of the time he does help and give support. It's these moments that kind of build up because it's not like this is something new we are dealing with. Lucas has had this disorder since birth. Yes, the treatment plans are different and take a little time to get used to but helping Lucas go through this is not new or different.

No comments:

Post a Comment