Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Scope #4 in the books

Scope #4 is complete, now the waiting for biopsy results begins. I should hear back early next week. The car ride was pretty uneventful. Lucas fell asleep once we hit Northern Ky. Here are a few pics from the roadtrip.

Lucas and Baby (his stuffed dinosaur that goes E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E with him) are enjoying the car ride. Lucas played his VTech Mobigo for a bit. Once we arrived at Cincinnati Children's Liberty Campus we went straight back in the the waiting room. Here are few of those pics.
He did a little vacuuming while he waited.

Hanging out in the bed watching TV. His blankie and Baby are with him.

Got to have the pic of him and Baby. Baby even got a hospital bracelet like Lucas and went into the OR with him.

Watching Spongebob.

He did complain quite few times about being hungry. But I kept assuring him that after the scope was done, he would be able to have his snacks that he brought. I opted not to take any Induction OR pics but he had a smile the whole time in there. He was also pretty bossy to the hospital staff but they were cool with and kept talking to him while he was falling under the spell of anesthesia. He decided to breathe the watermelon air this go around. He tried to hold out as long as possible. My mom went with us. We waited in the Consultation Room. Dr. Franciosi and Nurse Jo came in shortly with pics. He said that Lucas still has some inflammation but his esophagus looked a little better. We discussed briefly the possibilities of what we would do next. I told him about how great Lucas is handling the diet. Discussed the cost of continuing the Nexium (quite expensive). He brought up the possibility of adding the Pulmicort slurry and adding foods back. He or Jo will call me early next week with the results and discuss the course of action then. I'm hoping I get the biopsy results via MyCharts before they call me. Back in Nov, he had his scope on a Tuesday and I got the results via MyCharts on that Friday. 

I told my mom that my goal for this scope was for slight to some improvement. I knew he wouldn't be scoping clean but I know the diet is helping. Lastly, here are few pics from the recovery room.
He downed 2 caprisun-like apple juices and ate this "pacocicle".

Yay! Another ride in the race car wheelchair.



No comments:

Post a Comment