Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our Summer So Far





Since the scope in May, Lucas has stayed busy this summer. He's been attending a summer camp 2 days a week at my work and going to his Parent's Day Out the other 3 days. He's doing awesome in his swim class. He was recommended to advance to the next level. He's had playdates, went to Holiday World (who were great at accommodating his allergies), and generally living life to the fullest.






He's been doing great with the increase of the Pulmicort. He has been saying, "I don't want to take my medicines." But he hasn't flat out refused. He knows they make him feel better. We have a date set in September for our next appointment and scope in Cincy. Back in May, we had our last scope performed with Dr. Francoisi. He has since left Cincy and our case was turned over to the other GI Dr. Putnam. We will meet with him the morning of our next appointment and then he will perform Lucas' 6th scope that afternoon. I hope Lucas continues to improve. I also hope this little summer cold/summer allergies won't throw a wrench in it either. 


He ran a low grade fever for a few days and he's had a "barky" cough that's starting to go away. The cough is different than his "typical" cough and is causing him to flare slightly from the force it's producing.




He has had a few "treats" involving safe foods. We recently visited our favorite allergen friendly bakery, Annie May's Sweet Cafe. He helped himself to one of her AF super cookies. 


I also found White Rice Bread and made him Sunbutter and Grape Jelly sandwiches. He devoured 2 in one sitting. We now have some Brown Rice Bread and he had me toast it and spread grape jelly on it. It's a nice change for him.



Last weekend, I made him is favorite treat, Chocolate Chip pancakes. I used the Cherrybrook Kitchens Brand mix (it's gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and nut free). I added coconut milk, vanilla extract and Enjoy Life Brand Chocolate Chips. The batch made 12 and he ate on them for days.


As summer winds down, we will be gearing up for the next scope. Also, Lucas will resume taking gymnastics (he's been practicing his handstands and cartwheels) and will begin playing soccer. He's so excited to play soccer. Daddy bought him a soccer ball and for a few days they (he and the ball) were inseparable.


As I close this update, a year ago on July 25, our lives were forever changed. That's the 1 year anniversary date of our Week-long intake evaluation in Cincy. I'm am so glad I pursued going up there and I don't regret anything. We love the team up there. They are so caring, kind, and knowledgeable in Eosinophilic Disorders. We would not be where we are now without their help and expertise. I am forever grateful for them. I know we are in great care and I'm anxious of what the next year will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment