Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great weekend! Sunday we spent time with my side of the family. We made sure to pack wheat-free and egg-free foods for Lucas to eat. He had such a blast. Playing inside and outside with his older cousins. He LOVED playing in the kiddie pool and learning how to use the slip-n-slide. He was sooooo busy that he barely ate anything while we were there. He didn't want to leave but by the time we got home all I heard was, 'I hungry'. He crashed early and slept a full 12 hours.

Today, we travelled with my mom to visit a friend of hers who had a baby girl a few weeks ago. Lucas has a great time playing with her older girls and again didn't want to leave. On the way home, he was chilling in the backseat with a granola bar when I hear him say, 'I frow up." Sure enough he did. Mom pulled over and luckily I had a change of clothes and she had towels for me to clean him up. The granola bar was wheat and egg free. This was the first time in a looooooonnnnngggg time that he didn't cough before he threw up. I was so proud of him for telling me. He's such a great little guy and during this whole ordeal he was happy and so easy to work with. He didn't try to make it difficult.

He's been diagnosed with EE for almost 2 weeks, and since then he's only thrown up three times. He's still has a ways to go but I'm already seeing some signs of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment