Thursday, September 22, 2011

Follow Up..8 Weeks

We returned to Cincinnati this morning for the 8 week follow up visit since we were last there. Here's Lucas coloring on the floor while we waited for Dr. F.
He's gained 1lb since July and grown very minimally.  I caught Dr. F up to speed on what's been going on since our visit. I really like how open he is. He seems to listen and gives feedback but takes my personal feelings into account. He mentioned something about possibly eliminating milk but said we can wait until after his next scope. He said Lucas definitely has EoE but the reflux in conjunction is still up the air until he is scoped. I told him about an unprompted conversation Lucas and I had the night before. Lucas was taking his nightly meds and asked me why he doesn't take his Flovent anymore. I told him that Dr. F said he didn't need to right now. He said he missed his Flovent and that it made him feel better. I asked him if he liked the Nexium and he said no and that it doesn't make him feel good. We are holding off on the Flovent (or Pulmicort) until after the next scope. Dr. F wants him to stay on the Nexium until he is scoped to see if it is having any effect on the eosinophils. 

So here's the next steps:
-Continue with Nexium
-Continue with strict elimination of wheat, eggs, and corn
-Re-scope date is set for mid-November w/ follow-up/results the week after
-Reevaluate treatment plan after scope

I'm pretty satisfied with the visit. Much better than any of our visits with the local GI. After the visit, we met a fellow EoS family at the Cincinnati Zoo. We had a great time. We saw lots of animals and some *shiver* creepy insects. We rode the train and the carousel. 

That's his new buddy Caleb. Caleb also has EoE. We stopped to eat on the way home. That was a complete bust. While I ordered him grilled chicken (which he didn't get to eat) and french fries, he proceeded to vomit all over the table, chair, floor and himself. Luckily, I had a change of clothes for him and my mom was with us. The staff at the restaurant were awesome in helping us, my mom gave the waitress and generous tip! This episode does make it the third this week. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment