Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Lucas!

Lucas celebrated turning 4 over the weekend! He was so excited to turning another year older he couldn't wait. Mommy on the other hand is having a hard time ( I can't imagine when he goes to Kindergarten). As he approached closer to his birthday, more and more questions and comments have been made from him. I try to instigate any conversations about EoE and what's going on with him unless I need to. He knows that I'm open to any questions or comments he may have. Here's a sample of his questions/comments:

-Do 4 year olds throw up?
-When I get bigger I can eat a cheeseburger with a bun
-Why can't I have that cookie? Do it have wheat (eggs, corn) in it?
-Why do I not take my Flovent anymore? It makes me feel better.
-Why do I have to take my Nexium? It doesn't make me feel better.

And so on and so on. I can only listen, only offer a little advice or try to help him understand as best as he can.  He's certainly smart and aware of what's going on with him.

We had his birthday party today with some of his friends. We decided on a bowling party. The bowling alley was awesome in accommodating his allergies by allowing us to bring in his own pizza and they heated it up. We also bought a dozen cupcakes from a wonderful place called Annie May's Sweet Cafe. It's an allergen friendly bakery. He had gluten-free, egg-free, and corn free cupcakes that were delicious. We also provided traditional cupcakes for the other children/parents. Lucas and his friends had such a great time.

When I put Lucas to bed tonight, I asked him what his top favorite things were about his party. They were (in his order) 1) He got to eat cupcakes that don't make him sick 2) He got to eat "his" pizza with his friends and 3) BOWLING!!!!

Here are a few pics from the party!






No comments:

Post a Comment