Monday, December 6, 2010

UGH!!

UGH! I'm so not a fan of EE. It like to rear it's ugly head and the most random of times. You never know when it'll strike. Since my last post, Lucas has had multiple flare ups. We went to the Allergist last week. He recommended we increase the Flovent back to 2 puffs 2x/day for a month. I need to make an appt with the GI Dr. It's round and round we go, where we stop no one knows.

I got a chance to talk to one of my brothers who really didn't know what was going on. I had the opportunity to share Lucas' story/journey. My brother had no idea. All he could say was "Wow". As I said to him, to anyone who knows Lucas but is unaware of what's going on, would definitely get the impression that he's a happy and healthy three year old. He goes about his days like any other three year old. He's making friends and hitting developmental milestones. He recently became potty trained. He is a happy and fairly healthy three year old boy who also happens to have EE. I don't want this disorder to define him. I want him to grow up and have a normal life. And to him, EE is normal. He knows no other way of life and I'm okay with that. I will be here for him every step and bump in the road.

I do my best to NOT let him see/know that EE isn't normal. Before he was ever diagnosed or showed symptoms, we always took the approach, unless he reacts we didn't. When he fell down, if he didn't cry, we didn't make it a big deal. I think having that already instilled in how we decided to raise our son has helped us when dealing with flare ups. We don't make a big deal about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment